High Quality Jobs Program
The High Quality Jobs program provides qualifying businesses tax credits and direct financial assistance to off-set some of the costs incurred to locate, expand or modernize an Iowa facility. To qualify for this very flexible assistance package that includes loans, forgivable loans, tax credits, exemptions and/or refunds, eligible businesses must meet certain wage threshold requirements.
Potential tax incentives - the following tax incentives may be available:
- An investment tax credit equal to a percentage of the qualifying investment, amortized over five years. This tax credit is earned when the corresponding asset is placed in service and can be carried forward for up to seven additional years or until depleted, whichever occurs first.
- A refund of state sales, service or use taxes paid to contractors or subcontractors during construction.
- For distribution center projects, a refund of sales and use taxes paid on racks, shelving and conveyor equipment.
- The state’s refundable research activities credit may be increased while the business is participating in the program.
- A local property tax exemption of the value added to the property may be available.
For more information regarding this incentive, contact Greater Dubuque Development at 563-557-9049 or by email.