Energy Efficiency Loan Fund
The Energy Efficiency Loan Fund (EELF) is a $200,000 revolving loan fund established through funds from the U.S. Department of Energy. Its purpose is to help finance energy improvements in buildings owned or leased by commercial businesses, non-profits, and multi-tenant facility management groups. The projects that receive loans will be those seeking to fund innovative energy efficiency projects that significantly reduce greenhouse gas emissions. The EELF is for Dubuque-based businesses to help reduce their energy consumption through greater efficiency.
Activities eligible for funding include:
- Electrical systems and components including lighting and energy management systems.
- Mechanical systems and components including HVAC and hot water.
- Information technology energy efficiency upgrades.
- Efficient windows that result in energy savings for the facility.
- Solar panel installation may be considered on a case-by-case basis on buildings built after 1965.
- Energy efficient equipment upgrades/purchases may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
For more information regarding this incentive, contact Greater Dubuque Development at 563-557-9049 or by email.