Safe at Work Update - Thursday, January 21st from 7:30 to 9:00 a.m. Register here.
- Mary McGraw and Marc Schneider, CIRAS Industry Disaster Management Team members, will discuss current information about the distribution of the COVID-19 vaccine and issues that may affect Iowa employers and manufacturers.
- National and statewide vaccine information
- Anticipated vaccine availability for your workforce
- How to support your workforce’s access to the vaccine and the process
- Human resources policies and procedures that should be reviewed and implemented in preparation for the vaccine
- Whether you can require your workforce to be vaccinated, and what happens if someone refuses
- Recommended vaccination policies for visitors and contractors to your site
- Other Topics of Discussion
- Updates on Local, State and Federal Assistance Programs: Jay Wickham, SBDC
- CARES Act Updates (if available)
- Northeast Iowa Community College Updates: Wendy Mihm-Herold, Ph.D.
November 19, 2020, 7:30 a.m. - "COVID-19 Safe at Work"
Download the Presentation
• Protocols for Positive Tests and CDC updates - Kristin Dietzel, Greater Dubuque Development
• A3 Problem Solving through a Pandemic - Best Practices - Mark Geistkamper, CAMSO
• Unemployment Updates - Marla Loecke, IowaWorks
• Community Updates - Wendy Mihm-Herold, Northeast Iowa Community College
Medical Associates Series
Pt 1 - Why Do We Vaccinate?
Pt 2 - How Does a Vaccine Work?
Pt 3 - What is Herd Immunity?
Pt 4 - What is the Approval Process for a Vaccine?
Pt 5 - Why do We Sometimes Need to be Repeatedly Vaccinated?
Pt 6 - What Does Medical Associates Recommend Regarding Vaccines?
What Employers Need to Know about the COVID-19 Vaccine (12/3/2020)
Presented by Project Better Together with speakers from University of Iowa Hospitals
August 19, 2020 - "COVID-19 Safe at Work"
Download presentation slides
September 2, 2020 - University of Iowa Department of Public Health Webinar "Facing the Facts: The Role of Face Coverings in Containing COVID-19"
July 7, 2020 - "COVID-19 Recovery, Revenue and Safe at Work Planning"
Kristin Dietzel, Greater Dubuque Development
Stacey Killian, UnityPoint Health Visiting Nurse Association
Lisa Schaefer, Northeast Iowa Community College
Marla Loecke, IowaWORKS
CJ Osborn, Iowa State University CIRAS
May 5, 2020 - "Safe at Work"
Kristin Dietzel, Greater Dubuque Development Corporation
Wendy Mihm-Herold, Northeast Iowa Community College
Mike O'Donnell, CIRAS
June 15, 2020 - "Return to the Office"
Hosted by the Telegraph Herald
Download a pdf of the presentation slides
Iowa Chamber Alliance - Recording of "Mitigating COVID-19 in Iowa Restaurants" (Requires email signup to view recording)
Mercer is holding weekly COVID-19 Return to Work webcasts that cover a broad range of topics including but not limited to: employee well being, planning, cost management, employee communication, and managing workforce through a pandemic. Mercer is a prominent global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement, and investments. Previous and future webcasts are available here: www.mercer.com/events/webcasts.html
For upcoming webinars, check back or updates will be sent in the Finders of Keepers e-blast - subscribe here.
Safe at Work is a partnership of Greater Dubuque Development and Northeast Iowa Community College through the COVID-19 Business Helpline and informed by the Center for Industrial Research and Service (CIRAS).