Key industry advantages
- Office services is one of several key industries with a wide and diverse portfolio of Dubuque-based companies, including McGraw-Hill Higher Education, Medline, and Flexsteel.
- Iowa’s central time zone allows companies to stretch the regular work day to conveniently service customers on both coasts, as well as Canada and Mexico.
- The Greater Dubuque region is equipped with dual fiber redundancy provided by CenturyLink. If an interruption occurs, service will be routed through the secondary line to prevent downtime.
- The regional laborshed includes an estimated total of 57,162 people within the industry. To learn more about the region’s workforce, please view our laborshed information.
- There are more than 326,000 college students within a 100-mile radius and 32,000 in the tri-state area providing a highly-skilled workforce pipeline.
- The Greater Dubuque region offers a unique, targeted, and proven employee recruitment tool for the tri-state market called AccessDubuqueJobs.com.
- The State of Iowa New Jobs Training Program, administered by Northeast Iowa Community College, provides funding for various costs associated with new worker training and education.
State Business Advantages
- In the State of Iowa, there is:
- No sales tax on computers/peripherals used in the processing or storage of data.
- No sales tax on custom software.
- No sales tax on interstate or international telecommunications.